Friday, May 16, 2014

Flats & Handwashing Challenge Day 6 - Dear hubby of mine

Today is an open topic day, so I decided it would be a great chance to get my husband's opinion on the Flats & Handwashing Challenge as well as cloth diapering in general.

Hey S! Thanks for putting up with me tonight and letting me ask you some questions.  (I should also mention, he's giving me a massage as I type this.  Sometimes...he's really good to me.  Though I think he is taking pity on me today after the very long week we've had. This is probably the reason he has agreed to letting me interview him tonight. That and the fact that he has full control over the TV while he is doing this. Ha.) Here we go!

1. What did you think when I first mentioned doing the challenge?

    That you are crazy and you wanted to spend more of our money, even though it was for a good cause.  I was questioning whether or not you would stick with it.

2. On that note, what did you think when I first mentioned cloth diapering for the first time?

    That it would be old school cloth with the safety pins and be a pain in the butt. But, I did think it would save us money in the long run.

3. Since you have now helped hand wash (we just finished doing tonight's load together), what do you think?  Would you choose to hand wash if we didn't have access to a washing machine or would you fall back on disposables?

    It's a bit time consuming, but it is a money saver.  I would choose to hand wash, just as long as I don't get stuck doing it often.  I don't like the chemicals in disposables and we would spend the same amount of money on a dozen of the basic flats as we would on a box of disposables. And we can use the flats over and over again.  For other kids too.

4. We've tried many different cloth diapers in the last year and a half.  What has been your favorite style?  Favorite brand?

    Definitely not pockets! I don't really know the styles, just the brands.  I like the Orange Diaper Company, Boogie Bums, Twinkies (Twinkie Tush) and Chloe's (Chloe's Cloth).

5. What are your thoughts on flats?  Now that we have tried them, would you reach for them more often than other styles we own?

    Yes. They take up very little space.  They are easy to fold. They are easy to put on G when he cooperates. I don't know, they are just simple and easy to figure out.

6. What is your favorite flat fold?

    The one that I put on him.  I don't know. The one where you fold 2 opposite corners into the center and then fold the other 2 corners up to make a triangle. (He's describing the Skinny Neat fold. Good man!)

7. Which of the flats in our stash is your favorite?

    I don't have a favorite.  I just grab and go. I do like the stretchy ones when I've got G running around though.

8. Let's talk covers over flats.  Which is your favorite? PUL or wool?

    Covers? You mean, "what kind of pants does he wear?" Woolies. Done.

9. How have your opinions of cloth diapering evolved since we started using them?

    We aren't saving as much money as I thought we would because you love buying diapers.  Well, loved.  Now you love buying wool.  But I guess we are still saving money compared to disposables. 

10. Anything else you want to share?

     I like turtles.  Can I go to sleep now?

So...there you have it folks.  (Thank you, S! Surprise! The remote is yours for the rest of the night! :-) Once in a lifetime offer.  Do you really still want to go to sleep?)

No comments:

Post a Comment